Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Beginning


So, getting here was pretty crazy. I crammed in as much as I could during the week before I had to leave. I went horseback riding, worked at Price Chopper and Said goodbye to about a Million people.

I went to the Flashback Sports Café with the Family:



Took the cat to the vet because of his leg:


I said goodbye to my dog Bubba, who I hope is still here when I go home for Christmas.


Then on the first plane from Syracuse to Chicago there were three other people heading to Denver with me, then our group met up with more people on the flight from Chicago to Denver which put it at a total of 17 Americorps members on that plane! Crazy Plus one of the girls from new York ended up being my room mate.


I later found out that my bag was inspected, probably because I told the guy in Syracuse that there was a knife in my bag when he asked if i had anything flammable or explosive.



Our rooms ended up with way more storage space then we needed, and its bigger then the rooms at Morrisville state, but there are a few problems like the blinds on the windows stick my desk lamp is broken my roomate’s bed is missing a wheel so she sleeps at an angle and my bed has to be moved if I want to sit at my desk.



But, we do have a fridge and our own sink. =P

There are four units on the Denver Colorado Campus: Sun, Fire, Water and Earth. As far as I know there aren’t any differences between any unit they are simply a way to divide the 300 some people who were accepted. There are also 7 teams in each unit to break it down into smaller groups. I’ll be in a different team each week until the end of training when I’ll get my permanent team.
I’m in the Earth Unit and for this week I’m in team 6


Today we got our uniforms!!! Joy! I of course need to exchange my pants because the short pants were still too long, so I need to get the extra-short pants or forever roll the bottoms up.
That’s it for now!







3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that you will be keeping a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! There are a lot of people back home that don't really use the internet that wanted me to tell them what I'm doing. I figured that this would be the easiest way. =D

    ReplyDelete